Post: Civil Engineer
Reporting relationship: Head of Department
Gross Salary: MVR 20,715
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES:
1. Act as an adviser to the contractor, check site works and maintain precise and regular journal of
2. Manage, monitor, interpret and explain the structural design and detail documents submitted by
3. Maintain constant liaison with the Contractor and their representatives (architects, surveyors and
other technical staff) including attending regular meetings to ensure the pace of work progress.
4. Identify and conceptualize social housing related construction projects in the Maldives.
5. Manage the projects throughout the project life cycle: project initiation, planning, implementation,
and closure; ensuring the achievement of the projects’ goals and objectives.
6. Define accurate and detailed scope, objectives and deliverables for the projects.
7. Ensure that the construction activities are carried out according to the plans, designs and drawings
and ascertain accuracy of the qualities, quantities and proportions of the construction materials are
8. Ensure that all materials used and works performed are in accordance with the specifications
indicated in the contract document.
9. Prepare project structural details, project proposals, tender documents, implementation/work
plans, progress reports, project reports and other documentation related to projects.
10. Coordinate and manage the relationship with all the relevant project stakeholders effectively
throughout the project life cycle.
11. Develop and implement detailed and effective mechanisms to monitor and track projects and
12. Manage project budgets and meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project
constraints based on financial analysis.
13. Assist the staff during field surveys and site visits and provide guidance to the staff in carrying out
the works effectively.
14. Review the operation and maintenance manuals submitted by the contractors; and provide
guidance where necessary in establishing operation and maintenance procedures for the social
15. Assist and advice Project Implementation Unit in preparing and revising project activities and
structural details and assistance when required by the Government and the relevant funding
16. Assist in the review/evaluation of project reports and documents.
17. Perform other related technical tasks and duties as and when assigned by the Project Manager or
1. Completion of MQA Level 7 Qualification in Civil Engineering or related field.
2. Must have minimum three (03) years of professional work experience in the field of civil
engineering or a related field with field experience in a construction site management or
construction site supervision role.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
1. Experience in strategic planning and risk management.
2. Proficiency in project management software, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
3. Highly organized and should be able to multitask.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Experience in civil construction work under government health sector will be treated as an added
Source: Government Gazzette
Link: View job advertisement on gazette.gov.mv