Post: Assistant Civil Engineer
Reporting relationship: Head of Department
Gross Salary: MVR 15,000
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES:
1. Check site works and maintain precise and regular journal of work progress.
2. Monitor, interpret and explain the structural design and detail documents submitted by the
3. Assist in the management of the projects throughout the project life cycle: project initiation,
planning, implementation, and closure; ensuring the achievement of the projects’ goals and
4. Monitor to ensure that the construction activities are carried out according to the plans, designs and
drawings and ascertain accuracy of the qualities, quantities and proportions of the construction
materials are precisely maintained.
5. Ensure that all materials used and works performed are in accordance with the specifications
indicated in the contract document.
6. Implement detailed and effective mechanisms to monitor and track projects and quality assurance.
7. Assist in preparing project structural details, project proposals, tender documents,
implementation/work plans, progress reports, project reports and other documentation related to
8. Coordinate with all the relevant project stakeholders effectively throughout the project life cycle.
9. Maintain constant liaison with the Contractor and their representatives (architects, surveyors and
other technical staff) including attending regular meetings to ensure the pace of work progress.
10. Assist in the management of the project budgets and meet budgetary objectives and make
adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
11. Assist the staff during field surveys and site visits and provide guidance to the staff in carrying out
the works effectively.
12. Review the operation and maintenance manuals submitted by the contractors; and provide guidance
where necessary in establishing operation and maintenance procedures for the social housing
13. Assist the Project Implementation Unit in preparing and revising project activities and structural
details and assistance when required by the Government and the relevant funding agency.
14. Assist in the review/evaluation of project reports and documents.
15. Perform other related technical tasks and duties as and when assigned by the Project Manager or
1. Completion of MQA Level 7 Qualification in Civil Engineering or related field.
2. Must have minimum 1 (one) year of professional work experience in the field of civil engineering
or a related field with field experience in a construction site management or construction site
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
1. Experience in strategic planning and risk management.
2. Proficiency in project management software, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
3. Highly organized and should be able to multitask.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Experience in civil construction work under government health sector will be treated as an added
Source: Government Gazzette
Link: View job advertisement on gazette.gov.mv