Job Title: Civil Engineer (1)
Division: Construction & Dredging
Work Location: MTCC Tower
Application Deadline: 03-Apr-2021
- Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design and specification.
- Liaising with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Day to day management of roads and landfill maintenance and operations, including directing the day to day work of the roads employees and maintaining a work environment that promotes staff participation and team work.
- scheduling and control of roads works
- Ensure that occupational health and safety practices are strictly observed by roads employees and contractors
- Responsible for the timely, effective and efficient completion of assigned tasks
- Oversee employees who are engaged for special projects i.e.: construction, paving and ensure that work is performed according to the schedule
- Ensures equipment is maintained, and that vehicles and tools are operated in a safe condition by following acceptable maintenance and servicing schedules
- Recommend major repairs and/or replacement of equipment to the Manager
- Ensure road signs are placed at work site
- Report operations and performance of the projects/sites to superiors.
- Perform other duties required or assigned, which help to improve the productivity and service of the division.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 2 years experience in the field OR
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum 03 years experience in the field
- Salary range: 19238 – 20,238 MVR
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Insurance